Just found this Group

1. Leverman61
    Leverman61
    Hello hope you have room for a Buckeye . I live in the Oh/Pa/Wv region so I figure I'm close enough to join. I'm primarily a Mandolin player but play a bit of guitar also. Usually found playing old time tunes but will also play blues , waltzes and tunes written for mandolin including some Monroe tunes.
  2. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    Hi from another Buckeye (Youngstown)!
  3. multidon
    multidon
    Hello and welcome to Leverman and Ed! Ed, I was wondering if you would join us. Buckeyes are certainly welcome here! We live so close to Ohio ourselves that sometimes we feel like we actually live there! We have relatives near Cleveland (North Royalton actually) and near Warren (Courtland actually) that we visit regularly. I really didn't know what to expect when I started this group, I thought an eventual jam/meeting somewhere down the line might be nice. In Titusville, PA in July we have a thing called HOTAfest. stands for Heart of the Arts. 2012 will be July 13, 14, and 15. They have 3 days worth of classes, workshops, concerts, and jams. Last year there were mandolin, fiddle, and dulcimer classes I went to. Also Civil War songs, guitar repair, and PA folk songs. It's mostly folk/old time, but that's what I like. Anyways, I thought it might be fun for everyone who belongs to this group to agree to go to HOTAFEST and meet next year. Of course that's a long way off, and maybe we will think of some way to meet before then. Who knows? I'm open to suggestions. Of course we'll have to wait until the snow melts!

Don