Jamming

1. Leverman61
    Leverman61
    Hey group, throwing this out there to see if there is any interest in a jam /song swap. Maybe turn into a regular thing? I pick weekly with an old time group but never get enough mando time. I'm south of Youngstown in the Tri-state area and willing to host a get together but maybe someone in a more central location is interested. Dan
  2. multidon
    multidon
    Yes Dan, I would be very interested! It would take me an hour to get to Youngstown. I guess I am about halfway between Erie and Youngstown so I could host if we got anyone from Erie. One consideration is weather at this time of the year. We get much more lake effect snow up here than you do. Some won't travel in the snow. Too bad we didn't start in the spring!

Are you familiar with this site? There is an active Slow Jam near Erie that puts their music on the Web. These could be tunes for us to start with, maybe?

http://www.bobshomepage.com/SLOJAM.html

Let's see if we can get a couple more people involved before we make any definite plans. Hello out there! Any takers?
  3. Leverman61
    Leverman61
    Don, Thanks for the web page. Should be helpful. Love old-time music on mandolin and I play a wee bit of celtic music also. Barring the weather , this time of year presents more traveling and picking time for me. I agree , if others that are interested would like to chime in , perhaps we can get together swap tunes and some mando tasting.