Week #135 ~ President Garfield's Hornpipe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Very cool interpretation, Michael.
  2. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Michael, I agree with the rest! Marcelyn... you need a profile pic... you look so generic!
  3. neil argonaut
    neil argonaut
    Michael, that was brilliant, amazing how much of a different feel the chords in your version gave it.
  4. Martin Whitehead
    Martin Whitehead
    Sweet Michael, but my hand hurts just watching that played in B flat.
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Ok, I've edited this post. I uploaded the video in a different manner than has worked for me all this time, and here is my video. Distortions gone.... notes still missed!

Jammie time!

Well, I forgot what to type in to embed a You Tube Video if the icon doesn't show up, so I'll post it in a new reply!
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Here it is!

7. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Nice clean play Barbara. How did you solve your upload problem?
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Thanks! Instead of using the upload to Youtube function within my iMovie, I used Export to Quicktime and saved on my desktop. Then I went to my Youtube page, and hit upload, and uploaded it from there. It took forever. Eddie said that he uses the Free FLV converter to convert it to .flv before uploading, so it doesn't take as long. I'll try that next time!
  9. AaronVW
    AaronVW
    Nice work, everyone! A latecomer again as this one took me a while. I found this version of the tune somewhere on the cafe and thought a duet sounded like fun. I played the melody on my Tacoma and the harmony on the Fender. I would have liked to put both videos together but couldn't figure out how to edit them to be in sync using iMovie. Has anyone done this? Anyhow, here is my attempt for the week (two mandolin parts = two weeks?)

10. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    That harmony part is great. It almost sounds like it might be it's own cool hornpipe if you played it alone.
  11. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Very nicely played (and twice the work too!)
  12. neil argonaut
    neil argonaut
    Nice arrangement, well played.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12