Garden In The Rain

1. WillFly
    WillFly
    This tune was written in 1928 by Carroll Gibbons, an American who made his fame and fortune in England, becoming the leader of the Savoy Orpheans Orchestra. There have been several versions of it - the one I remember the most being by singer Georges Metaxa.

I've transposed it into C for the tenor guitar, with a guitar backing. There's a verse and a chorus, all played through twice.

2. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Will, it seems that your playing is firmly lodged in a time period when melody was King! Very lovely, thanks.
  3. WillFly
    WillFly
    Thanks Michael. There are some wonderful tunes from the first 30 years of the 20th century - many of them not played these days - and I just love bringing them to life as best as I can. :-)
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Will, absolutely superb! You have really mastered this era and the great tunes and chord progressions which belong to the period. I remember my dad singing this one to me when I was very young and you just brought back such great memories with your playing.
    Thanks again.
  5. Werner Jaekel
    Werner Jaekel
    on a grey and cold winters sunday morning I practised this tune over and over again, played your clip again and again and again.. Your wonderful and charming smile provides a quite appropriate ending to this lovely tune. I completely forgot about the weather outside. Thank you, WillFly.
    (in the end I wrote it down)
  6. Manfred Hacker
    Manfred Hacker
    Willfly, thanks for descending to us earthlings and entrancing us with your heavenly playing.
  7. WillFly
    WillFly
    You're all very kind - not sure if I deserve it - but I'm glad it brought a little something for you.
    Thanks.
    Will