Weber Yelowstone HT

1. Space Pup
    Space Pup
    I've had my Yellowstone HT for a month now and she just keeps sounding better and better. I think I'm actually playing and sounding better too!

Here are a couple of new pix.

2. Patrick Sylvest
    Patrick Sylvest
    Beautiful! I'm expecting a Yellowstone HT Mandola in a few weeks!
  3. Eric Charles
    Eric Charles
    Hiya,

How is the sound, now that you've had it for a few months? Has the sound changed? If so, how?

Just curious: my yellowstone HT should be in my gritty hands in about 3 weeks.
  4. Eric Charles
    Eric Charles
    Hi there...how's has your mandolin sound changed as you've played it these last months?

My F Style Yellowstone HT (red spruce top) arrived in mid-September; I've been playing the heck out of it nearly exclusively. It rings very nicely, has a strong midrange tone on the chops and I get lots of comments that it cuts nicely. Sounds a little thinner tonewise than my other yellowstone (sitka top), but certainly cuts a whole lot better.

The bottom end is starting to open up now (I'm guessing maybe 144 hours played so far [12 hours/week x 12 weeks] and that's probably a bit conservative) and I like where it's going. Hopefully I'll have even more deep tone on the bottom end as it opens more.

Playability and fit/finish are absolutely top notch, so much so that I often take it for granted! Good to remember what a wonderful feeling instrument it is.

Hope you are loving yours!