Link to St. Anne's Reel

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    A couple of weeks ago, on the Song & Tune Projects message board, St. Anne's Reel came up, and there were quite a few videos submitted.

For those who'd like to follow that thread, click HERE~
  2. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    It would be nice to learn a tasteful bluegrass setting for this, like the one over on the other thread. I can't stand the Irish version I play. This is one of those tunes I prefer bluegrassized.
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    In re-reading that message thread, I realize that we talked about St. Anne's Reel, more than submitting versions of it.

So, if you have a version of St. Anne's Reel, why don't you go ahead and submit it here! Mike is wanting to see / hear someone's bluegrass version!
  4. bgjunkie
    bgjunkie
    There is a good version in Roland White's book. One of the best versions of this tune I have ever heard is on Ultimate Pickin': The Best Of Instrumental Bluegrass CD with Wayne Benson playing mandolin.
  5. Mike Romkey
    Mike Romkey
    Wayne is awesome. Actually, I think I have that CD.
  6. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
  7. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    hendrix2, that sounded awesome! If you've improved on that I can't imagine how fabulous it must be now. Great job!
  8. hendrix2
    hendrix2
    Thanks Tracy.
  9. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    hendrix2, I 2nd that!
  10. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Here's my version, which is pretty much ripped off Wayne Benson's, but obviously without his incredible precision. I always find the string-crossing in this quite a challenge to control.

11. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Very pretty and nicely done!
  12. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    oldsausage, very nice!
  13. OldSausage
    OldSausage
    Thanks guys - by the way, Hendrix2, I like your version of that and I'll be stealing the ideas in case I need two breaks on that song sometime.