Homework

1. Eddie Sheehy
    I'm signed up for 2 Bouzouki and 2 Mandolin/Tenor Banjo classes at Zoukfest this week-end. Roger just sent out the tune list for the TB class:

The Blue Angel aka King's Fancy
    The Coleraine Jig
    The Dawn
    The Diplodocus
    Doctor Gilbert
    The Doon Reel
    The Hunter's Purse
    The Lads of Laois
    The Man of Aran
    The Maple Leaf

I've only heard one of them before - King's Fancy.
    And on top of that I hurt my left elbow - swollen and extremely painful to flex it. Hopefully it'll be ok by before the week-end and I'll get some practice in...
    If anyone knows any of these tunes I'd really appreciate it if they could post a vid so I can get started at least reading along to the tune...
  2. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    Eddie,

I know:
    Coleraine
    Hunter's Purse
    Lads of Laois

Would you like ABC's for them? Or I can probably make jpg's of the standard notation, if that's better.

I don't know the Diplodocus, but I'd like to, just from the name! A couple of the others can probably be found at TheSession.org.

Nurse that elbow, and have a great time at ZoukFest,

DWP
  3. Eddie Sheehy
    I've already printed the notation for each - Roger supplied the ABC. I really need to see/hear them being played on a stringed instrument - the midi files are a little annoying... Thanks for the kind thoughts...

Eddie
  4. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    Eddie,

How long are you in Albuquerque? I live a couple hours away.

Don
  5. Eddie Sheehy
    Zoukfest is on from the 12th to the 14th. There's a cool concert on Friday night, June 12th, by the zoukfest staff - I believe tickets are available online at Zoukfest.com
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Eddie, I can video Coleraine for you.... what instrument would you like it on? I've got OM, TB & mandolin
  7. Eddie Sheehy
    Whichever you'd like Barbara. Thank's a million.
  8. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Eddie, how is your elbow coming along?
  9. John Hill
    John Hill
    Hey Eddie...do you still have the Peterson OM we've sold to each other like, oh I don't know, 2 or 6 times?
  10. Eddie Sheehy
    Elbow is still swollen Barbara but improving.
    No John, I don't. I just traded it to Andrew Jerman for a custom-built Emando (micro-Les Paul) - check it out here:

11. John Hill
    John Hill
    Cool. Have fun at Zoukfest.
  12. Sore Ears
    Sore Ears
    Doctor Gilbert's aka the Dispute at the Crossroads and Lads of Laois are killer tunes. The Dawn is another I recognize as a good one. My webcam is kaput so I can spare the internet an attempt at them but they will be keepers once you master them. Gary