Handy Dandy Mandolin Cafe search plug-in

1. beepu
    beepu
    Thought some of y'awwwwlllll might find this useful.

I couldn't find one of these plug-ins for Mandolin Cafe's tablature archive, so I made one. It's a quick, unobtrusive way to find tabs.

It'll only work in Firefox (Windows/Linux/Mac/whatever), since Internet Explorer doesn't support the way the site is structured, and I don't think Safari supports OpenSearch plug-ins at all (shame on you, Apple!).

Here's what it looks like:

I'm only charging $500 for it.

Ok, ok, you convinced me. It's free . It did, after all, only take 3.5 minutes to make. //bob
  2. billkilpatrick
    wonderful ... graziemille!

our dogs have microchips in them that give their names, address, inoculation records, etc. etc.. if, by chance, you perfect a micro-plug-in, suitable for human consumption, that will "enhance" the possibility of someone ever reading musical notation ... do not go to strangers ...
  3. Eddie Sheehy
    Sounds like you already have a chip on your shoulder about reading music Bill? Just kidding. I procrastinated about learning to read music for the longest time and finally bit the bullet. I still have a long way to go but almost immediately it opened an endless supply of tunes - I still have to hear the tune to make sense of the rhythm. The lines are Every Good Boy Deserves Freedom, and the spaces are FACE - reading from the bottom up... then it's just a case of painstakingly playing the note where the dot lies... I know it's oversimplified but it got me started...
  4. HddnKat
    HddnKat
    ...or for reading music - just learn which of the notes correspond to the strings on your mandolin, and then everything else is relative to those reference points. Top space note is your E string, the space two below that is your A string, the space right below the bottom line is the D string, and G is the top space on the bass staff.