As Our Kimbles Age...

1. Cheryl Watson
    Cheryl Watson
    ...we do.

But seriously, even though I am not looking forward even 1% to aging, as my relatively new Kimble A style f-hole #159 ages, I hear changes. It is loosening up some, is less tight, and therefore, I can get more volume/tone with less effort. It is, simply put, getting stronger in every way: highs/mids/lows/chop/sustain/volume/responsiveness/fatness/cutting the mic/recording.

Three things are creating these changes...a bit of aging, a lot of play time, and my awesome Tonerite vibrator gadget.

Now that it has matured some, it even made it onto the last tracks I was finishing up for my new album.

So, Kimble owners, how are your Kimbles changing with time?
  2. Carleton Page
    Carleton Page
    Mine has changed a lot. It is getting a lot dryer and older sounding. Mine is J #180. Really killer sounding. I LOVE IT!
  3. Wesley
    Wesley
    My F is about to celebrate it's second birthday. It arrived on my doorstep on Dec 7th which is why I call it "Pearl". I'll echo what was said above:

"It is, simply put, getting stronger in every way: highs/mids/lows/chop/sustain/volume/responsiveness/fatness/cutting the mic/recording."

If I had to add something I would use the word "chunky". Love it.