Tuner Knobs

1. Flipperflannigan
    Flipperflannigan
    Helllllp!
    I have a 1985 Gibson F5 Fern..... one of my knobs broke ... the tuners have no name on them and the knobs are mother of pearl and as well they are screwed on not glued
    I thought they were Waverly and orderd some.... I was wrong
    next i contacted Gibson repairs...with a pic and they said they thought they were acutally Grovers...
    Grover said ....could be Grovers ....they make the product to Gibson specs and ship all to them ....in short ...they have no parts and Gibson (when i asked) say they dont sell parts
    i then thought they looked like Schaller ....... they were helpful and are sending one to me although it is not mother of pearl but frankly i am more convinced that they are
    When i look on different websites at new Gibson F5's they seem to be gold (not brass) and pearlite (mother of pearl) and supposedly are Grovers
    anybody got any idea as to where i can buy one or more tuner knob
    much thanks for you help
    Flipper
  2. frshwtrbob
    frshwtrbob
    Call Dennis at The Mandolin Store....Call Edlerly Instruments...Call Mandolin Brothers on Staten Island NY....They may have spare parts or at least replacements - I'm sure they have run into this common problem and know how to "deal" with it.
    Good Luck