Jesus Loves Me

1. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    Here's me attempting to play Jesus Loves Me by Andy Leftwich. Enjoy.

Jesus Loves Me

Chris
  2. Tracy Ballinger
    Tracy Ballinger
    Chris, that was great!
  3. billkilpatrick
    dyslexia rules! - i just read tracy's comment as "christ, that was great!"

just downloaded a software update and went to chris's vimeo video to see if it would play smoothly. no dice ... video and audio comes in fits and starts. i seem to have trouble with videos recorded in high definition (HD) ... anyone know why this should be?
  4. Eddie Sheehy
    I have the same probs with Chris' other videos... no Bill, not Christ's other videos... Are they in HD?
  5. Eddie Sheehy
    Chris, that was awesome!
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I usually use firefox as my browser, but I get better results from Chris' vimeo video's on Internet Explorer... I let it load a bit, then I move the 'thingie' back to the beginning and let it play. Once you get it all the way loaded once, you can go back and play it through.
  7. beepu
    beepu
    Firefox has a plugin called Video Downloadhelper that lets you download videos from Vimeo, Youtube, or pretty much anywhere. They'll play much more smoothly in Windows Media Player, or MPlayer (if you're using Linux), or whatever Mac folks use (Quicktime Player?). //bob
  8. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    Off hand I'd say this arrangement is new to you. It's a tremendous arrangement, Chris, and from what I've heard of your other postings this one will soon be well under your fingers, too! You've definitely got a beautiful touch!
  9. CelticDude
    CelticDude
    I also use FireFox, and have had no trouble viewing Chris's videos. AFA I know, I haven't downloaded any special "add-ons", as fireFox calls them. OTOH I do have the latest version.

DWP
  10. Joe Nobiling
    Joe Nobiling
    I'm using Google Chrome and have not noticed any problems but then I do try to let the whole vid load up as I hate havin' vids stop and then start. Almost as bad as records left in the sun, that get warped and just won't play, just won't play, just won't play, sssssssssssssssscccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm!
  11. SweetTea
    SweetTea
    Chris, I really like this version. Did you learn it by ear or use music (tabs or standard notation). I would like to try to learn this version. By the way nice Titans Hat.
  12. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    Here's the tab: Jesus Loves Me
  13. SweetTea
    SweetTea
    Thanks
  14. Mando_liz
    Mando_liz
    this is phenomenal! I must learn this song. I am going to really try to figure out how to open this .tef file.
  15. Mando_liz
    Mando_liz
    can you or someone who reads music help me out here? I have started playing this song, and there is a strange look to the chords here. beside the chord there will be an up arrow. Does this mean anything? by the way chris... your version sounds really good. I downloaded andy leftwich's version, and they sound very close.
  16. Mando_liz
    Mando_liz
    Hey chris, do you know what part to play at the end? I think i've got the tab pretty well learned, but there must be some variation at the end. Did you just figure it out or am I missing it in the tab? Thanks,

Liz
  17. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    Hey Mando_liz, I believe the "arrow" you speak of indicates a Down stroke. As for the way the song is played, I think it goes like this.

Intro: Measure 1-15
    A part: Measure 16-24
    A part variation: Measure 25-33
    B part: Measure 34-44
    A part variation:
    B part:
    B part:
    Intro/outro: On the outro you will play the harmonics on measure 10 reversed. So instead of A, D, you will play D, A.

P.S. Thanks for all the great comments everyone!

Chris
  18. Mando_liz
    Mando_liz
    thanks chris!
  19. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    No Problem Liz. Just remember to post a vid of yourself playing it when you've learned it!

Chris
  20. Mando_liz
    Mando_liz
    Okay, so I'm not real smooth yet, but here's my try. I really enjoy playing this one, so I foresee a lot of practice to get it sounding nice. By the way on an eastman 515.

21. Chris Travers
    Chris Travers
    Man! That was great! I'd like to see some others play this too! Keep posting vids people!