Greetings!

1. multidon
    multidon
    I would like to invite everyone who lives in this part of Pennsylvania to join and chime in! Perhaps we can discuss opportunities to meet and jam?
  2. RevSpyder
    RevSpyder
    Hey, everyone!

I am brand new to mandolin. I bought an inexpensive Ibanez to learn on, and I bet it could benefit from a good setup. I was a little discouraged to see the slim pickins on a luthier in our area, but I guess I need to see what can be done.

My previous experience is 50 years with guitar. I love bluegrass, but not interested in playing it. My wife and I received a 2011 NAMMY nomination for Best Folk Recording. We're looking to expand our sounds, and she's always liked the sound of the mandolin. It's a challenge, for sure -- that teeny little fretboard feels like a toy. But it's also kind adddcitive. Sheesh -- what have I got myself into??

I'm not really interested in jamming or playing out, I plan to use this mostly for recording.

Anyway, Hi to the group -- it's great to see there's a little community here. I live in Greenville, but actually closer to Fredonia.

Look forward to chatting with some of y'all (I'm originally from Virginia, can ya tell?)