Playing mandolin for exactly 4 months!

1. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    Dear Diary and readers

It is four months since my mandolin arrived in my life. It is hard to believe so much has happened and that those four courses have taken me on a golden road of their own - one that has brought a rich tapestry of new friends, and characters to my life.

What a privilege it is to dwell in the house of music by the road of those four double string courses.

Daily it seems new joys fill my musical journey. Challenges certainly there are a few, but as I play my first composition on my mandolin I am filled with joy and gratitude.
    Each new chord mastered opens up a new door to another room - reveals a new colour a new musical texture.

I can say the mandolin has assisted through a difficult time of my life and recently through a bit of sad news after a medical checkup.

There is something about the sweet honey sound of mandolins - something healing.

As I sign off I consider my practice session for tomorrow and above all the next song I will play.

To the readers of this diary and channel members - happy playing!
    g!
  2. Kizmit
    Kizmit
    Hi Vanilla, I have been learning scales and I have recently got my hard mandolin case in the mail. It looks so nice. I have so much to learn yet on coordinating my hands.
  3. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    Hi Kizmit!
    Glad to hear you got your mandolin case. Ordering one too as mine is a bit bulky. Am playing live and involved with our acoustic cafe so wish to know my mandolin is safe in its case. Keep using those hands -coordination will come.