Loar Directory?

1. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Well, I don't have a "The Loar" mando.....................yet. Came here hoping someone already into these might know. Is there a place I can go to check out the serial number of a particular mando, just to acquaint myself with it's history? In doing some research on one I've found for sale, I'm getting very interested, but it would be great to be able to determine more detail than the current owner has. It's a beauty, just want to know as much as possible going into these dealings. Thanks in advance!
  2. Mike Arakelian
    Mike Arakelian
    The first two numbers indicate the year the Mando was built. The second two indicate the month. The last four digits of the serial number have something to do with the number built in that series, but I'm not sure of this exactly. My The Loar reads 12091205 the build date September 2012. That's not much info, but it's a start.

Good luck.....Mike
  3. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Thanks! That's exactly the kind of info I was hoping for. Much appreciated. Now, next question, Does anybody know of any major changes in the LM-600VS between 2010 and now.
  4. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Delete for duplicate post.
  5. nordian
    nordian
    Hey Mike, you might want to contact Robert Fear at Folkmusician. He sells alot of this brand and is a pleasure to talk to. I bought the LM-700 from him. Love it. He should be able to answer any concerns or questions you have.