Got a Sneak Peek Today!

1. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Dropped by Marty's shop today, just to say Hi, and show off my new addition a bit. Got to see how the summer batch is progressing, I gotta say, Kris, Michael, Nic, Sean, and all others waiting, you guys are in for something special! The woods Marty is using for these look even more spectacular in person, and from what I heard from the last batch, they are going to sound every bit as good as they look. Buncha lucky pickers!
  2. dusty miller
    dusty miller
    Thanks Mike, Very jealous you live close enough to stop by.

Kris
  3. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Well, I'm very jealous you're getting a new Jacobson, so we're even! (Nah, I think you're a bit ahead)LOL
  4. Nick Gellie
    Nick Gellie
    Thanks Mike for the heads up. Looks like everyone who is getting to be getting one of hi summer batch is going to be in for a big surprise. I look forward to seeing photos of them all in a group.

Cheers Nic
  5. Michael Weaver
    Michael Weaver
    Dang it Mike, and you didn't sneak any pictures!?
  6. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    No way my little camera phone could compete with the pics Marty puts up. He really is an excellent photographer, and does a good job showing them to us.Like I said, he even took a picture at the "Mando Tasting" that made it look like I knew what I was doing. That takes real talent!
  7. Michael Weaver
    Michael Weaver
    Yeah he does a great job with the pics. Now you have me curious to see what's going on!
  8. Michael Bridges
    Michael Bridges
    Nothing really you haven't seen yet. Just amazing seeing the various woods in person! Marty's really good on the updates, sure he'll be posting more real soon, as things progress.
  9. Marty Jacobson
    Marty Jacobson
    Sorry, guys, I have been working some gremlins out of the new neck machining process. I have it sorted out now. Also, I was really tired of manually setting the height of every cutter for every operation. It's a tedious process which, if wrong, will ruin a part. Repetitive, high-stress tasks? No thank you. So I tied it in with the computer so it can use a small amount of electricity, running through the cutter, to touch off on a gauge block and automagically measure where the cutter is, and how thick the material is that I'm cutting. Pretty cool stuff. It's standard on CNC store bought CNC machines, but if you build your machine from scratch like I did, there's a fair amount of head-scratching needed to get it working correctly.

I'm gluing up a last set of neck blanks for #19, 23, and 25 this evening, hopefully I won't mess these up like I did the last four. Oh well, I knew changing the neck machining process would have challenges... and it's definitely worth it.
  10. dusty miller
    dusty miller
    Marty, Ofcourse some kinks in a new method would have to be worked out. That's a given. Sounds like quite the process. Amazing you built that from scratch.