alden clearwater eastwood

1. mr.Bill
    mr.Bill
    in researching eastwood mandolins i ran across pics of the alden version in a beautifull seafoam green but cant find a way to get one here in the states.can anyone help?
  2. Elliot Luber
    Elliot Luber
    I think Aldens are the European name for what we know as an Eastwood. You probably have to buy it used, though there is an Eastwood Mandola that's seafoam green I believe.
  3. Elliot Luber
    Elliot Luber
    I think Aldens are the European name for what we know as an Eastwood. You probably have to buy it used, though there is an Eastwood Mandola that's seafoam green, I believe. here it is:
  4. Hazelnut
    Hazelnut
    That sounds like a pretty sweet mandola. Looks nice too.

Forgive me for posting on an oldish thread but I've heard a lot of people asking about these brands and thought I'd provide a little more info for anyone who's curious.

Alden, Clearwater, Revelation, Eastwood (and a few other names I can't recall off the top of my head) are all different brand names for instruments from the same Chinese factory. Some are better than others, depending on the specific customisations from the various brands. According to the main forum, Eastwood and Revelation are the same thing, the former sold in the US, the latter in Europe and both are reported to be the best of the bunch.

I do hope so as I've only just today bought this rather nice looking Revelation Mandocaster for a decent price.

It has sealed Grovers, Entwistle custom pickups and four strings are strung through the body, the other four through the bridge (which should be interesting) and if I decide to strip it back to just 4 strings, I'll go for the strung through option for better sustain. Some of the other brands hailing from this factory may have cheaper pups and hardware - I noticed that the Clearwater version of this mandocaster didn't have the traditional tele string-through so, if this is important to you, check first. Here's a demo of the Eastwood version: