New A model owner

1. Kristibob
    Kristibob
    Hello, all

I'm a very new A model owner..I've had my mandolin for about three days. I have a Rover RM50 A model Player Series, in Sunburst..and she's beautiful and practically plays herself, which is a very good thing, as she probably gets pretty annoyed with the way I play...lol. Until I got my mandolin, I had never so much as held one..I didn't even know how many strings they had! I just knew I loved the music that mandolins make, and decided to give it the old college try. Frankly, I think I'm doing pretty well. I have learned 5 major scales and can play Ash Grove up to speed..and I'm using my "learn the mandolin" book, too, so...here's another person to add to the list of very happy A model owners.

( I am SO happy that we can preview messages....sheesh.)
  2. Dobes2TBK
    Dobes2TBK
    .. and here I may need a tutorial on uploading pictures - right side up!

I got my camera downloaded, got all the crew now back from the repairman, thought I'd post a picture of the stable. Oh, well, looks like I'll need to give that a rest, make some mint jelly instead this afternoon.
  3. Dobes2TBK
    Dobes2TBK
    got the picture upload figured out. Been working on Ashoken Farewell & Little Rabbit for an Employee Recognition picnic at work next month. Debating on whether to take the Strad-o-lin or the Mid-Mo. For sure and the Mid-Mo's coming up on a string change either way.
  4. Kristibob
    Kristibob
    Well, I guess that's what's nice about only having Minna - no big decisions on which one to play...lol....but, that changes in several more hours..it's after midnight here in SC and Minna B. arrives today!....not like the "big" names others have, but a joy to me (I hope)...lol
  5. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Kristibob. No comments on Minna B yet. How's she doin'.
    Gary
  6. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    Hi this is an old thread, but having just got my Jbovier a5 2013 I had to join a discussion on a models. Absolutely love mine. Beautifully crafted and the sound is woody and velvet. Practicing a lot of Johnny Clegg, Beatles, even some Leonard Cohen. Absolutely stunning.

Love the playability and the fine setup!
  7. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Hey, Vannilla. Glad you found a mandolin you like and with a good setup.
    Now the fun begins.
    Gary
  8. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    Hi Garry Thanks
    It was always me and my Ovation crafter. So now I have two mandolins and they both have a different look and a different voice. I love this group and glad I found it.
    Love my a-model and of course now you are right. Fun to the power of fun equals joy? No wait let me leave the maths to those who are mathematicians?