Im the odd one out of us

1. Shawn Gambrel
    Shawn Gambrel
    I am going to order a custom Gibson Jam but it wont be signed by Mr Harvey Who else thinks they are beast of a mandolin
  2. 300win
    300win
    Shawn all I can tell you is the one I have is everything I'd ever want a mandolin to be in everyway. What are getting on yours differant than standard ? Oh yea, welcome to the outfit.
  3. Shawn Gambrel
    Shawn Gambrel
    Haha Thank you very much. Im getting a couple things different to make me happy for some reason. I am getting a smaller nut i no i no you may like it and everybody else does but the small neck lets me play faster. IM also getting the extended fret board i think it looks more like a traditional mandolin. Finally im thinking of getting a flower pot inlay.

I no I should get one signed by Dave but out of all of them i have played they are the best Gibson i have ever played and they are better then all the mandolins i have ever played. Money doesnt always mean its better
  4. 300win
    300win
    Yes Shawn I agree, the $ amonut on something is just a number, it has nothing to do with what you get in instruments. When I got mine the store had a $16000 Master Model. I played my JM, then played the same tune on the MM, I asked my wife and the salesman which did they think sounded better, my wife said the JM, no she is not a musician, but the salesman is, and he agreed with her. I've seen this happen before. Acoustic instruments are differant than anything else that comes to my mind. I've heard people talk about a mandolin, guitar, or banjo "opening up", I will agree that as they get older they will sound better, but a great instrument from the start will sound good. I've seen that alot in 44 years of picking music.
  5. 300win
    300win
    Oh and I don't blame you for getting it like you want it. Post a picture when it gets to you.
  6. Shawn Gambrel
    Shawn Gambrel
    Haha yes I went and played the $23000 Skaggs Distressed mandolin and then played a F5G and the F5G dominated over that Skaggs Model and then I picked up the JM and now that killed all of them. It was loud and woody. I dont care what anybody says that is the best mandolin i have ever played.

Also i will post a picture it my be a while because they have to build it but you know. Man i hope when i get mine it will sound as good as the others i have played.

Do you no how to put a video of your JM on the internet? like on youtube
  7. 300win
    300win
    No I don't Shawn. My computer skills are the bare minimum. My youngest son has to do all of that kind of thing for me.
  8. Shawn Gambrel
    Shawn Gambrel
    Hmmm thats fine you will have to get him to show you. Do you live close to ashville
  9. 300win
    300win
    Shawn I live in Stokes County. It borders Virginia. I'm about 25 miles northwest of Winston-Salem. Little place called King.
  10. Greg Wilson
    Greg Wilson
    I lived in Chapel Hill for eight wonderful years.
  11. Shawn Gambrel
    Shawn Gambrel
    O hmmmm i live in the corner of Kentucky at the tri cities