Playing mandolin 11 months and 12 days what a journey

1. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    Dear Diary Readers
    In somewhat of a reflective mood today. It is hard to look back over the events as I wrote in this little diary/journal. To think I held my first mandolin in my hand on 15 December 2012. I have already performed live, sang happy birthday to my most loved colleagues and friends, purchased a second mandolin and learnt today that I am playing at our acoustic café in February and possibly at our national arts festival next July!
    It has been quite a journey. The mandolin has filled my life and there are already so many highlights.

It is with gratitude that I look back at all I have learnt and shared with the amazing people on mandolin café. I hope we can all continue to teacher other, learn from each other and make healing music!

Happy playing

A grateful Vanillamandolin
  2. Brandon Sumner
    Brandon Sumner
    That's beautiful. It warms my heart to see someone succeed so with something that creates beauty. Thank you for sharing and keep it up!
  3. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    Hi Vstrings - thanks so much. I have been fortunate and I think the mandolin is a wonderful instrument.
  4. Ben Cooper
    Ben Cooper
    Very nice! I love my two little mandolins as well. Now I need to keep practicing....
  5. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    Dear mandolin brothers and sisters and readers of this journal/diary
    This my journey over the past months, now almost a year. It is hard to believe that despite being a musicophile? Is there such a word, that so much has happened and that the mandolin has changed my life interms of enrichment and tapping into my love for "things with strings attached".

Today, the sky cries its argent tears as my country says farewell to a fine leader. It is as if everything is wrapped in a robe of dignity, shiny argent. As if families can, wordlessly only huddle together in the warmth of their homes and in some cases take out the dark brown and gold mandolin and start playing and singing - an attempt to release that feeling that something beautiful is lost, but that something beautiful can still be created. So long live those who inspire
    Long live the mandolin! Long live music!
  6. Pasha Alden
    Pasha Alden
    At Benjamin35
    I am so pleased you are enjoying your mandolins. As said in rather longerposts, my mandolin has come to mean so much. Perhaps the same will be felt by you. Do keep up the practice. There are days when some things seem rather tricky, but once mastered on mandolin the reward is great.

Happy playing and remember - let the music take you.