Scenery

1. MacAoidh
    MacAoidh
    Celtic countries are well known for their natural beauty, should we post photos of us playing mandolin or of our mandolins in places of natural beauty? Just trying to find original ideas for the group :p
  2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Good idea. All I can offer is myself behind the camera (invisible but audible) with some pics I shot on Orkney Mainland and Hoy in October 2009:

3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Maybe a risk of duplication here, Mac. Almost all my YouTube videos feature Scottish scenery, most of it very close to my home area.
  4. MacAoidh
    MacAoidh
    Your post or the discussion?
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Not quite sure, Mark, but I probably am indeed thinking of having video clips posted in two different groups. On thinking again about what you said, and the idea of photos rather than video clips, then risk duplication should not be a problem. I blame Bertram for posting a video clip as the first offering!
  6. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    As a consultant, I am getting paid for taking the blame, John

I would love to be able to provide a true crowd stopper, such as a pic of myself sitting on the top of the Muckle Flugga lighthouse in a stormy winter's night and playing "High Road to Linton", but I don't really know how to get there at such a time. As an alternative, I am planning to make the day trip from Lewis to Hirta one of the next summers, but I am not sure yet which instrument I could take along for such a ride.
  7. Francis J
    Francis J
    Bertram, your dream is very achievable using Green Screen technology. The possibilities are endless. But on a more sober note, I think you have a good point John, there is a risk that the video pool might get diluted by duplication.
  8. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    No cheating. My stunts are real
  9. MacAoidh
    MacAoidh
    Sorry for my lack of posting in this group. I will try in the near future to get a picture of my mandolin and some interesting scenery:p