Gallatin, wow.

1. JeffD
    JeffD
    I recently had opportunity to play a Gallatin.

A friend of mine who is a guitar player asked my advice on getting a first mandolin and I brought up Weber as a very good choice to consider. Well he got himself a Gallatin F style. Last night we were over their house playing music and eating pizza and he put it in my hands and told me to tell him honestly what I think.

Well honesty was not a problem. I loved it. I put my mandolin aside and played his all night, to his obvious delight. (He tells me that a lot of the notes are hidden from him, but my playing it confirmed for him that they were indeed there somewhere on the instrument.)

The instrument is a great bluegrasser, (as well as anything else you want it to be) and except for the dreaded MAS, the Gallatin can make one happy for life. Aside from the wonderful focus and projection of the sound, the instrument is very very comfortable to hold and to play.

My friend has just under 20 guitars, some reeeealllly great ones. Now he has the mandolin bug as well. His wife is an angel from heaven put on this earth to have patience with him.

It feels good to be able to recommend something with confidence and when your advice is followed it actually was a good choice. Everyone be happy happy.