Cold Harbor (Rob Lindauer)

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is a march written by Rob Lindauer of Hartford CT, in an arrangement for concertina ensemble by Michel Van Der Meiren from his website at tangosite.com/concertina (which appears to be down). The tune was inspired by its author reading about the Civil War Battle of Cold Harbor. I haven't heard the author's original recording (or indeed any other recording), so I'm not entirely certain about the intended genre, but I'd guess it's an old-time tune.

I've adapted Michel's arrangement for mandolin quartet of two mandolins, octave mandolin and tenor guitar:

1921 Gibson Ajr mandolin
    Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Mid-Missouri M-111 octave mandolin
    Ozark tenor guitar

Martin
  2. Sasquatch
    Sasquatch
    Martin, I really like this haunting melody. I love to study Civil War History so this song really speaks to me. I have a list of instrumental tune titles that I have jotted down over time & a couple of them are Civil War related. Now to be inspired to pull out a melody to add the name to. Maybe this post will do so.
  3. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, Sasquatch. I also really like this melody. It's unfortunate that the site where I found the harmony arrangement is down, temporarily or permanently, and I'm uncomfortable with posting it here given that it's a copyrighted tune. However, the melody itself and the chords are at the CONNtra CONNection website here:

Martin