Straight Up Strings

1. Dave Weiss
    Dave Weiss
    Just had to post and let you folks know that Siminoff's Straight Up Strings are the Bomb on my Big Muddy!
    Clear notes and no twang. I'm really enjoying these strings. I'd put on a set last summer and really liked them and then last string change I went back to the GHS 260's, finally ordered some more Straight Up Strings and put them on today. I'll never use anything else again.
    If you were wondering or thinking about trying them, just do it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Dave
  2. FatBear
    FatBear
    Well I just put on another set of Elixir lights last night or I might be game to try them. Now I'll have to wait another year (about how long the Elixirs last with almost nightly playing). By that time there will probably be something even newer on the market.

I'm not sure why they would be so good, though. Our bridges don't have the adjustment screws that the Straight Ups are supposed to compensate for.
  3. Dave Weiss
    Dave Weiss
    Dunno??? But they work...
  4. FatBear
    FatBear
    Didn't mean to imply that you were wrong, just that I don't understand it. If they work, they work.

I really like the Elixir lights but for the haunting suspicion that the G string could be a couple thousands larger. And it's possible that I don't understand that, either!