Put Your Newer Kentucky Master Models in this Thread.

1. GTison
    GTison
    List them here if they are after 1995.
    This will give you a place to put your pics of these fine mandolins and talk about it.
    Thanks
  2. J Mangio
    J Mangio
    Hi all, new to the group, purchased through the classifieds this week, a used like new '12 KM-1000.
    I'm very happy with the mando; tone, fit and finish are excellent.
  3. Bassaholic
    Bassaholic
    Hi Ya'll,

I have a recent KM-1500 that I purchased used. The first digits of the S/N are 1307XXXX, so I'm guessing it was made in July of 2013? It needs a good pro set up, but sounds and plays really nice. Fit and finish are nice and the case is very well made. I've seen these priced "New" anywhere from over $3,000 to just under $2,000. This one was used and I have about $1,300 in it so far. So, I'm hoping I did OK. Anyone else out there have any experience with the newer KM-1500's?
  4. lflngpicker
    lflngpicker
    Congrats J Mangio and Bassaholic for the great Master models you have. Wow, I was in awe of these and found a way to get my own. I am waiting for it to be set up and shipped to me. I found a brand new one for a mint used price-- $1200. It is a legit Saga brand new through a friend who is a small independent dealer and collector of all things Kentucky. He is just a great guy and gave it to me at just above his cost. I am blessed. I will post pics when it comes. Any tips on ways to approach playing and/or caring for one of these babies? Thanks!
  5. TwoByFour
    TwoByFour
    Howdy all,

Bought a Kentucky KM-1000B last year, but just found out this group is here. I got it brand new but cheap, because of an aesthetic flaw with the back (the bookmatching was not done or not done correctly, so one side has a lovely flame and the other does not, see photo). Otherwise the craftsmanship is great, the playability is just amazing, and the tone is excellent with a medium height action.

6. Zissou Intern
    Zissou Intern
    TwoByFour,
    I love Black Topped mandolins, and Kentucky does them right. And I think I own the same pair of boxer shorts...
    Z
  7. nordian
    nordian
    Recently aquired Kentucky KM-1500 #12040077. Bought from the MC classifieds. Found I was clicking rather badly on the A and E strings on the florida. Took it to Walter "June Mandolins" Johnson who did a very professional scoop on the extension. No more clicking. Life is good.
  8. nordian
    nordian
    Just posted a picture of the scoop I referenced above on the group photo page.
  9. Skip Brownlow
    Skip Brownlow
    Hi all I just purchased a KM 1000 SN 090367 is a 1990? Any help or information on this one would be super.
    Skip
  10. Flame Maple
    Flame Maple
    New Kentucky KM 1000 B from Hobgoblin Music UK.Serial no 15010865.
  11. J Mangio
    J Mangio
    Skip, I believe your SN. Indicates March of 2009 as mfg. date
  12. Stoler
    Stoler
    I play a 2012 KM900. Great mando and has a good deep chop.