Week #13 Poll

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    We are still using the same poll started for Week #11, so if you have voted in it, you have to wait till we start a new poll to vote again. If you have NOT voted in the poll, HERE is the link. Don't vote for Forked Deer or Swallowtail Jig, as we have already done those tunes!

Currently, we have 178 members, and only 46 have participated in this poll.

I will most likely create a new poll that will be used for Weeks 14, 15 & 16. I will populate it with the tunes left over from this current poll, plus those suggested by the membership a few weeks ago.
  2. Eddie Sheehy
    Barb, would it be worthwhile to to "spread" the choices a bit...? like 2 Celtic/European, 3 BG/Old Time, 1 Blues, 1 Jazz, 1 Classical - and incorporate the tunes in the the current list...
    There's "talk" on the main board about starting up Blues and Jazz tunes Groups... we already got the group... we're a pretty diversified bunch ya know?

Here's a sample (to be thrown away)

Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, William Tell Overture, Fur Elise

Tobin's Favourite, The Belfast Hornpipe

The Willow Garden, Annabelle, Jerusalem Ridge, Tom Dooley, Windy and Warm

Diving Duck Blues, Little Wing

Sweet Georgia Brown, Take 5

Feel free to ignore this, you're doing a great job and we really appreciate you starting this group and giving us this forum to share our our experiences.
  3. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    I'm cool with whatever tunes ya'll want! I've populated these polls with tunes suggested by the members. I'll start a new message, asking for suggestions for the next poll (weeks 14-16), with requests for genre diversification!
  4. Daci
    Daci
    Morphant Rant
    the Russian folk tune "Korobeiniki (Tetris theme.) BTW,this is extremely cool played on a mandolin.
    St. Ann's Reel
    Harvest Home
  5. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Daci, please post these tune suggestions on THIS discussion, and add what genre of music it is! That way I'll have all the tunes in one place, to make it a little easier for me when making this next poll! Thanks for your contributions!
  6. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    OK.... It's 10:30 am on Friday, and I'll keep the poll open till noon. Right now, Kentucky Waltz has 7 votes, Bill Cheatam & Harvest Home/Off To California Medley each have 5 votes. So, if there are some straggler voters who haven't voted yet, please vote, your vote could make a difference! I'll announce the winner around noon!