Some info on strings

1. Louise NM
    Louise NM
    I found this, and thought it was interesting.By no means complete, but it does give a bit of information about different types of strings, and the pros and cons for each brand seems be somewhat objective: not just advertising hogwash.

http://consordini.com/best-mandolin-strings/
  2. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Interesting article, Louise. Much better review than having to rely on Amazon reviews. I didn't see anything to quibble with.
  3. FredK
    FredK
    I thought this was interesting, too. The comparison between different makes of strings with pros and cons was a plus.
  4. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    An excellent guide! Cool
  5. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Thanks for this, Louise. I haven't read it yet, but would like to print it. Any suggestions - as to the easiest way to print the text only?
  6. Louise NM
    Louise NM
    I'm less than a tech genius, but my instinct would be to copy and paste it into a Word doc, format it to make it readable there, then print.
  7. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I started highlighting everything and got discouraged with all the pictures, etc. that I would need to delete in Word. Maybe one of the tech geniuses will chime in and offer a better suggestion. If I must do it the hard way, I'll post a PDF afterwards.
  8. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Save a tree. Just pass along the link to whoever is interested. Seriously, I haven't found a convenient way to copy a web page except to copy it as a web page. Maybe if you have an html editor ... (I don't, so I'm not sure about that either).
  9. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    I hear ya, Henry. I like to print some stuff for my notebook for future reference. You'll be glad to know I use recycled paper for that. It's just too hard to find some of this stuff on the Cafe down the road - at least for me.
  10. Kevin Stueve
    Kevin Stueve
    what you need is text based web browser. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text-based_web_browser. I think chrome has a text mode too.
  11. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
  12. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Thanks, Mark. Mine is 12 pages. I needed to watch Henry's video to figure out how to post it. Thanks for doing it for us Newbies.