Alan Bibey's Mandolin Camp in August

1. Zeb Williams
    Zeb Williams
    Is anyone planning on attending Alan Bibey's Mandolin Camp at Ocean Lakes in August?
  2. MikeZito
    MikeZito
    A quick aside to this thread -

As a kid who grew up in the rock/pop world of the late 1960's and early-mid 1970's, who couldn't pick a mandolin out of a line up until he was almost 30 years old - I am consistently amazed at how many mandolin camps there are around the country, every year.

Good luck and good learning to all who attend!
  3. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Sure wish I could attend, but no, not in the cards this year.

By the way, is anybody familiar with this little festival? I'm thinking of camping over there in June. Maybe bring my grandson.
    http://www.turkeytrackbluegrass.com/index.html

4. bbcee
    bbcee
    Looks good, Mark, I say go for it!

alas, no Alan Bibey camp for me - but I have a better excuse than most
  5. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Where is Oceans Lake?
  6. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Ocean Lakes
  7. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    I had to look that up, Sherry, had no idea. Looks like that's the name of a huge campground/resort in Surfside Beach, South Carolina.

Bibey Mandolin Camp

Ocean Lakes Campground - Bluegrass Weekend

Surfside Beach, SC - Google Maps

I'm determined to go camp at a festival this year. Got a thread going in the main forum. Not going to SC, so I'll stay out of this thread now.
  8. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    Thanks, Mark. I should have looked it up myself. I hope to attend a camp this year also. Haven't been on the main forum lately. Will check out your thread.
  9. Zeb Williams
    Zeb Williams
    Sherry the camp is in conjunction with a bluegrass festival at the park. Should be awesome.
  10. Sherry Cadenhead
    Sherry Cadenhead
    The location looks awesome also. Even if it were close by, I have a business conference on those dates, so couldn't make it. Hope to find something this year, though.
  11. Swimbob
    Swimbob
    As it happens it's pretty close to me and Alan Bibey taught my instructor when he was young. It looks like a great time but I doubt I'll be able to do it either. Costs a little outta my range and don't know if I can get the time off.