Smoooooth right hand

1. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    I saw this video on the main forum this morning and just loved the right hand technique. I wanna do that some day. Really, I do try to get something like this into my practice routine but when push comes to shove I end up digging into the strings like I am looking for gold down under them.
  2. MikeZito
    MikeZito
    When I taught guitar I always used to try to stress that type of right hand . . . a steady rhythm to give you the best possible timing - kind of like a human metronome.
  3. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Beautiful playing by the Reisch
  4. bbcee
    bbcee
    Yeaaaa.
  5. mandoweather
    mandoweather
    Very nice! Big fan of John Reischman. His playing just seems so effortless. Hope you don't mind but here's another one of my favorites for the following reasons 1. big fan, 2. also fan of Molly Tuttle, 3. I'm an avid "birder" and we had a large number of Pine Siskins this winter.

6. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Hi, Mandoweather. Thanks for posting that. Someone pointed out in a thread on the main forum that John holds his pick with a 'reverse twist' - you can see that very clearly in this video. I don't think that is something to try to emulate, but that smooth, rhythmic, very efficient, picking stroke is certainly something I try to imitate (unsuccessfully, but maybe I am making progress).
  7. bbcee
    bbcee
    @mandoweather, One of my favorites, out of many, from Mr. R. Really nice dynamics in this version.