Laybourne's Hornpipe

1. Tom Tax
    Tom Tax
    I've messed up very time I tried to record Bill Cheatham so I moved on to other things. This is Laybourne's Hornpipe, which is tabbed as "Pachibel's Reel". Jody Stecher recorded it on his "Stay Awhile" album and Natalie MacMaster recorded it on one of her fiddle albums. I should have quit after one time through, as I messed up at the end. I'll try Bill Cheatham another time.

Tom

2. Susanne
    Susanne
    I can soo sympathize with you about Bill Cheatham!! Always good to hear new hornpipes, this one has a very old kind of sound, a bit baroque almost. Very nice!!
  3. Joe-TN
    Joe-TN
    Tom,

I like this one a lot. Do you have a source for the tab?
  4. Tom Tax
    Tom Tax
    I can no longer find the tab on the web. I have it on my computer and will gladly email it to you. It is a TEF file and opens in the TablEdit program. What I have is called "PachabelsReel - C Sobol.tef" but I don't recall where I found it. I have hundreds of tabs on my computer and haven't kept track of their original sources. I remember that I tried this one because I thought it might be like Pachelbel's Canon. When I heard it, I recalled that I had the same tune on a Jody Stecher and Kate Brislin CD and saw that the tune was called Laybourne's Hornpipe.

I don't think I could or should embed a file in a post. So emailing it is the easiest solution, if you have the TablEdit program, which you can download for free.

Tom
  5. Sore Ears
    Sore Ears
    I really like the B part to that tune. That's a special tune. Thanks
  6. willh
    willh
    Good job, Tom.

According to thesession.org, this is Kohler's Hornpipe, sometimes called Laybourne's. Here is the ABC for that:

X: 1
    T: Kohler's
    M: 4/4
    L: 1/8
    R: hornpipe
    K: Cmaj
    (3GAB|"C"c2cB cdef|"C"g^fga gedc|"F"AGAB cdcA|"C"GEcA GECE|!
    "F"FEFG AGAB|"C"cBcd egag|"F"fedc "G"AcBd|"C"eccB c2:|!
    gf|"C"egcg egcg|"G"dgBg dgBg|"Am"ceAe ceAe|"C/Em"GcEc GcEc|!
    "F"FEFG AGAB|"C"cBcd egag|"F"fedc "G"AcBd|eccBc2:|

Will
  7. Tom Tax
    Tom Tax
    Thanks Will. Kohler's Hornpipe seems to be the same tune. There is a tab for that at http://www.mandozine.com/music/searc...rder=A&submit=.
  8. Joe-TN
    Joe-TN
    Tom and Will,

Thanks for the pointer to the .tef. A good one to learn.

Joe