EXP74CM strings

1. Kevin Stueve
    Kevin Stueve
    Based on a post from Mark Gunter I bought 2 sets of these last April. Put the first set on around May 1st. Today I finally began to detect that familiar dead string sound on that set and put on the second set. No visible corrosion on the strings I took off. I have never ever got anywhere close to 7 months from a set of strings on mando or guitar. Needless to say I'll be buying some more
  2. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    I like 'em, still use 'em. They work pretty good on my little Washburn.
  3. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    I haven't tried them but I have tried some Elixer nanowebs that may be similar. They do last a long time. And they are slightly less noisy on slides. I think the Elixers are a bit brighter in tone than D'Add EJ74's. Are the EXP74CM's also brighter toned? I am not sure what alloy the Elixers are made from.
  4. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    I don't know about the brightness. I like the sound and the fact that the E strings are a tiny bit beefier than the regular 74s. I suppose the coating helps them last longer. I like the sound with the beefier E strings.
  5. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    BTW, "king of the Chinese mill sanitarians", I can't make comments at your website. I log in, then before I can get back to make a comment, I'm apparently logged out again.
  6. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Hmmm. Wordpress just did a major upgrade this past week and I stuck with the old version to let them iron the bugs. Maybe they are telling me I need to go ahead. I'll do some checking.
  7. Kevin Stueve
    Kevin Stueve
    definitely one of the selling features of this set is the beefier E string. Which in my opinion tones down the brightness