Devil's Dream - testing 1,2,3

1. Chris Ferreira
    Chris Ferreira
    Just testing out how to post - this is my first so I thought a practice tune was in order.
    s/Chris
  2. Toycona
    Toycona
    I'll join you on this one later this week. Nicely done!!!
  3. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice playing and a good clear view of both hands here, CW. Interesting version of the tune I know over here in Scotland as "The Mason's Apron". Looking forward now to more of your playing.
  4. Tosh Marshall
    Tosh Marshall
    Chris that is cool and a nice Breedlove. What camera are you using?
  5. Lisa
    Lisa
    Thanks for the video of this tune. I found the ABC notation at the Fiddlers Companion. It is helpful for beginners like me to see the fingering technique!
  6. Chris Ferreira
    Chris Ferreira
    Thanks Tosh and Lisa. The camera is a Flip HD mino model. (My son uses it to film his long/skateboarding - I'm clueless about it.) Not sure about how the ABC version aligns with the one I'm doing. This is the tab collection I got it from:
    http://www.musicpotential.com/songs/...ml#anchor34325
  7. Loretta Callahan
    Loretta Callahan
    That's really awesome and so clean and lively. You're a nice fast picker! Lovely mandolin too!
  8. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Thanks for playing that one. I've always heard the name, but never the tune. Great work.
  9. Ed Goist
    Ed Goist
    Great job Chris. Really nicely done.
  10. GHall
    GHall
    I know this says "testing," but I couldn't find another posting for Devil's Dream. Anyhow, here's our go of it. Hope you enjoy.

11. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Ha, ha what a great vid! Guys, you both play so well together, really well done, and thank you.
  12. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Superhuman playing again! Well done.
  13. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    That's ultracool. Who needs Sierra Hull.
  14. bbcee
    bbcee
    That daughter of yours is getting better & better by leaps & bounds (well, you're no slouch either!). Is she still playing the Silverangel?

Liking that beardless summer look you've got going
  15. crisscross
    crisscross
    I'm flabbergasted!
  16. GHall
    GHall
    Thanks, all! Much appreciated And yes, bbcee, she still plays her Silverangel, but this mandolin is a Red Diamond I was able to get for her. We're fortunate enough to live right down the street from Don MacRostie, who makes the RD, and he built this one for her. That beardless look will be gone soon enough, though. Had no idea I was hiding such a huge double chin underneath all the fuzz