Mandotasting II 2009

1. jim_n_virginia
    jim_n_virginia
    Well looks like no one has been posting lately in here! LOL! Probably like me been pretty busy this summer.

Just wanted to post again about the Mandotasting on Sept 12, 2pm - 5pm? at my house. I hope everyone can come.

We are very lucky in that in our area (Hampton Roads) we have a LOT of mandolin pickers around here.

I don't care what jam I go to .. Floyd General Store, Elliott's, Cary Street, Buffalo Store in Riner, Va whatever there are always as many mandolin players as guitar players and in our area many times the mandolin players out number the guitar players. I remember one particular time we had NINE mandolin up at the Elliott's jam in Norfolk! Mandolins are IN now!

Anyways I hope everyone can come and bring their mandolins to show off. The more the merrier. And it doesn't matter if you don't have a high dollar mandolin now is the time to show it ain't the mandolin it's the picker! LOL!

And of course all mandolin family instruments are welcome OM mando, mandocello, mandola, bouzouki, zook heck if you have a Mandobass bring that baby! LOL!

Remember to bring a stand for your mandolins or when we have the group photo you may have to prop it up on something and that is just an unneccesary risk.

Also if I might make a suggestion .. wear clothes that are mando friendly ie: no big belt buckles, metal buttons, big Flava Flav gold medallions! etc. because you may be playing someone's pride and joy! LOL!

There will be some food and refreshments but bring your own alcoholic drinks if you want them as there are so many kinds of beer out there now it's hard to please everyone. Some like Guinness and some hate it! LOL!

Also there are some cool door prizes from the Mandolin Cafe! That's all I'll say about that but there is some very cool stuff to give out. We'll do the names in a hat thing with a drawing.

Anyways we'll all have big fun so I hope you all can make it!

PM me for address and direction if you don't already have it!