Funny How Time Slips Away

1. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Here's a very slow number - 75 BPM - mandolin & vocals on a Willie Nelson song.

The bass and drumbeat was programmed in Chordpulse & imported into my DAW (Ableton Live Lite).

There are then two mandolin tracks, one with chords only and one with some lead licks plus rhythm.

In the mandolin solo, there is a second mandolin (on a third mandolin track) that does some small fills in two places there.

I use (hopefully) a small, tasteful amount of compression and reverb on some of these tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQlFjAbeG1I

2. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Incredible. Next you must do R. Miller's King of the Road.
  3. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    As I wrote on your YT page, just amazing! I really like those riffs and the way they fit in with the lyrics, great singing, really well done Mark!
  4. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Very professional. Just your style!
  5. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Thanks for the props.
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    It's nice to see something different here. Nice work Mark. Very cool. I don't sing. So I won't try this one. (and be thankful)
  7. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    What an evocative rendering of a great song, Mark. I was lucky enough to hear Willie Nelson perform this when he toured here in the UK on a couple of occasions a few years ago, and your version here has so many little pieces of phrasing which remind me of Willie's delivery. Lovely piece of work.
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Awesome video, Mark. Great timing.
  9. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Thanks John and Ginny and Frithjof, your comments are much appreciated!
  10. bbcee
    bbcee
    I'm just discovering this, Mark. This song fits your delivery & range to a T, and an excellent, tasteful arrangement (and that Washburn sounds A-1).
  11. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Thanks Bruce