Up The Yellow Ladder

1. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I have been trying to reconstruct files that I lost in a HD crash in 2015 and I came across this pre-SAW recording of a couple of jigs I wrote. I have been hankering to play my mandolin which sadly needs repairing to be playable so this fit the bill as a substitute. It's played in the style of jigs at a contra dance, I was in a contra dance band at the time. The recording is poor but you get the gist. The 1st Jig is called Up The Ladder and the 2nd is called The Yellow Jig, if any one wants dots send me a PM.

2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Fine compositions, David, and very lively. Well played, sir.
  3. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Thanks for sharing. These should go on an album of your originals. I would buy it in a minute.
  4. Colin Braithwaite
    Colin Braithwaite
    Wonderful jigs, very well played. Thanks!
  5. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Great tunes David. I'll buy that album too.
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Beautifully played David and lots of energy, thanks.
  7. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    I enjoyed your music. David. Good you was able to rescue the recording.
  8. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    As Michael said, this could go straight on a CD. I'd be interested in learning these, too. I hope you get your mandolin back soon.
  9. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    Thanks for all the encouraging comments. Dennis I put a link under the description on YouTube for the dots. Also here: https://app.box.com/s/orb32a9f4r7dhoh8olpwf2fpt16zv0vu
  10. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Overlooked this - which is a pity because of the particular ladder at 1:04
    These fully qualify as jigs in my ears, and happy ones at that. This must go on the "Episode I - The Mando-Larian" CD.