Thomastik IF Strings on M-11

1. Brian V
    Brian V
    Have any other Big Muddy owners tried these? I just put a set of medium TI's on my M-11. I have been using GHS Bobby Osborne med. lights, which I like, but they needed changing about once a month, a job I seriously dislike. I like the TI's tone and they feel great on the fingers. I'm happy so far. Expensive yes, but if they last for a year as some have reported they will be cheaper in the long run. I'll let you know.
  2. Dave_KC
    Dave_KC
    Can't say I've tried them, but they certainly sound interesting. I have an M-11, and the last strings I put on I don't care that much for. Might have to look into these.
  3. SWS
    SWS
    I have not tried the Thomastik, yet but have been curious. I just put a set of the Bobby Osborne’s on my M-4J. I like ‘em, except the E seems to be a tad on the bright side for my ear.

Is the medium set called Stark?

-Best

Scott
  4. Brian V
    Brian V
    SWS, no the Starks are the heaviest gauge and have more tension than the Bobby Osborne's. I was afraid they could damage the M-11. The mediums have slightly less tension than the BO's and have Medium written on the box. I got mine at juststrings.com