Little Donald in the Pigpen as Congress reels...

1. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    It's been a few weeks since I posted anything. I'm fine, however it takes me a long time to learn a new reel to the point that I can record it. Little Donald in the Pigpen is a reel from Cape Breton. The Congress Reel is an Irish Traditional tune.

Played on my Kentucky KM600 mandolin. Believe it or not it's now thirty-five years old. It's a workhorse however. I've only had to replace the usual... bridge, tailpiece and tuners. Pretty good for 35 years. The frets as okay although they do show some wear.

2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    This is great Michael..I never thought one would dress up for a performance...but it is appreciated..
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Wonderful Michael, and absolutely credible.
    Ginny, I used to dress up frequently.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice set, Michael. Since you are attired in bib-and-brace dungarees (is that what you call them across the Atlantic as well?) I would have thought you had maybe dressed down for the occasion - isolated at home, so dressing in comfortable togs.
  5. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    Here in the States we call them overalls or bib-overalls. There is nothing more comfortable than a good pair of well broken in overalls. I use them when I'm performing or for working around the house. Thanks for the comments everyone...
  6. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I loved them too, especially when we were on the farm, but the older I get the more difficult it is to make more frequent trips to the loo. I think Bertram meant he dresses up...literally.
  7. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    You really look and sound the part, Michael. And congratulations on bringing up your mandolin to full maturity!

You've probably explained this before, but what's the story of the nice artwork on your YouTube channel?
  8. Michael Pastucha
    Michael Pastucha
    The "channel artwork" is the image you can see of the 'goofy cartoon head' on all of my videos and on the main page of my YouTube channel. It is from a silkscreen I did way back when I was at the University of California, Riverside. The original hangs on the wall of my computer room and is 12 x 18 inches in size. I photographed it to make a digital image to insert into the circular placeholder for my channel's artwork. The banner image across the main page of my YouTube channel is a photo of my mandolin that I took in my backyard. Thanks for the question Gelsenbury.
  9. Grommet
    Grommet
    Very nice Stuche. The two paired together are really a treat. Great to see you posting.

Scott
  10. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Great playing Michael, nice to see and hear you posting, and very interesting combination of the two tunes, musically speaking.