Da Full-Rigged Ship (Shetland jig)

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is a jig from Shetland, arranged for three melody instruments and guitar by Evelyn Tiffany-Castilglioni (Thanks, Evelyn!). I thought we had this one as an SAW a while ago, but apparently not.

All instruments performed by me:

Gibson Ajr mandolin
    Zimmermann waldzither
    Mid-Missouri M-0W mandolin
    Ozark tenor guitar
    Suzuki MC-815 mandocello

[MP3=1]http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=116752&d=1394847280[/MP3]

Martin
  2. GKWilson
    GKWilson
    Very nice Martin. Put me in a right nice mood.
    I got out my black hat and eye patch and ran up my 'true' colors.
    Left me hook in the drawer. That ended badly last time.
    Gary
  3. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin
    Excellent, Martin. Is the arrangement for this (and the Swallowtail) available anywhere?
  4. Hendrik Luurtsema
    Hendrik Luurtsema
    Nice tune and arrangement Martin!
  5. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks for the nice words!

Maudlin: both these arrangements are from the repertoire folder of Evelyn's contra dance band and I got them from her privately along with her two original waltzes that I recorded this month, "La Vie" and "Concurso" (posted here). I suggest you send a PM to Evelyn ("harper") if you're interested in any of these arrangements.

Martin
  6. harper
    harper
    Martin, thanks very much for posting this tune with your lovely selection of images. I really like the depth your new mandocello gives to the bass line. If anyone would like the scores to any of my arrangements that Martin has posted, just pm me.

Happy St. Pat's tomorrow!

Evelyn Tiffany-Castiglioni
  7. maudlin mandolin
    maudlin mandolin

Thanks to Evelyn for sending me her arrangement and here it is on three mandolins and a guitar.
  8. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    I thought, we’ve got the flags, why not the rigging and the ship too.
  9. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Very nice playing, Simon -- we play that jig all the time with our group, as it's just so much fun!

Note that this tune was our "official" tune for Week #373 and I have recently posted a new recording to that thread:

Week #373 - The Full Rigged Ship

Martin
  10. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Nice jig rhythm there, Simon. Good playing.
  11. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Fine jig picking!