The Peacock’s Feather

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Well there you go, I was sure this classic tune was already on the Other Tunes list but no!
    Hope you guys like the A capella style A part.
    -I think I managed to get the feathers at least.

2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks for introducing me to this tune, Simon. It sounds great how you perform it. The addition of drum/percussion sounds great, too.
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Very nice, Simon.
  4. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A real Irish sound to that tune, Simon. Rhythm and phrasing all pointing to the Irish vibe.
  5. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Your octave mandolin has gone white in awe of your masterful playing, Simon!
  6. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Thanks Lady and Gents, I did record this one this afternoon and then recorded a lot more tunes afterwards but as luck would have it whenever my phone starts to intermittently recharge itself there’s interference on the recording between the charger cable and the long mic cable, so those got scrapped...

More tunes coming up soon though. Till now I wanted to do play-along tunes with a solid rhythm to help people to learn them, but that’s going to change. Now I want to move the tempo about a bit. May even try some of Martin’s Classical selection.
    (And try some bouzouki style tunes too! Though not sure if GDAD is my thang)

Thinking of using bells with the Bodhran too, John, à la Dennis style medieval. I’m going to use Irish bells (the best ones).

Yes CC I’m beginning to master the octave mandolin. Phew! Feels good.
    Been trying a great exercise this week -triplet, slide, triplet, slide, triplet all the way up the neck... on one string, one finger at a time and back down.
    Got to be the most frustrating exercise there is.