Shout out to all our members!

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Well, 2020 is coming to an end. I'm sure we ALL will be glad to have this year behind us!

I want to thank all of you, faithful members, for making this social group the wonderful group that it is. World Wide. Members of all walks of life... members with a wide range of interests, musical and otherwise. Members with a huge range of musical skills.... from professional, down to beginner.

This group would be nowhere without your participation. I admit, I am NOT as active as I was in the beginning... you know, life gets in the way! I'm just so glad that we have so many people here, so many people who have obviously used this outlet to help them get through this year's current events!

While we started this group, mainly, to have a group tune that we all worked on.. thus the polls, the voting, etc.... after 537 polls... well, we've certainly covered the basics! It seems that now, we mainly have our members taking the time to record themselves playing the tunes that they love, and submitting them for the rest of us to enjoy! For that, I am so grateful, and I am sure everyone here is, as well.

I didn't update the table of contents for 6 weeks. In those 6 weeks, there were 26 NEW "other tunes" submitted! That just goes to show you, we haven't covered all the tunes out there!

So, thank you for continuing to participate. Thanks for your submissions. Thanks for your comments and replies. We have a group of the most supportive, encouraging people out there! Proud to call you all friends!

Here's to closing out this year, in the safest way possible. Be safe in your bubble... and know that sometime in 2021, we should be able to go out and about, and live our lives in somewhat of a normal fashion!
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    And all the best to you and yours, Barbara. You should be proud of the SAW Group and how it has blossomed over the years. I have been in it since 2009, and it was the stimulus to get me posting on YouTube, so I owe a great deal to the group. It has also been the reason I have got involved with internet collaborations over the past few years. Long may you and the group continue to thrive.
  3. David Hansen
    David Hansen
    I agree with John on everything. I have been here since 2009 and have learned so much about music and making videos and that mandolin players are the best people there are. I wouldn't have accomplished anything without this groups undying support. Thank you Barbara and everyone who comes here.
  4. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    What John and David said. I was in it from the start, and it has taught me much about playing and online exchange (you might say it was a preparation for the current situation, the distances to bridge having shrunk from thousands of miles to a few meters). Thank you so much, Barbara, for making all of this possible.
  5. Jill McAuley
    Jill McAuley
    Cheers Barbara, I too haven't been as active in the group due to life happening but it has played such a huge part in my development as a mandolin player over the years and I always enjoy popping in to see what folks are up to. Wishing everyone Happy Holidays and New Year, stay safe and here's hoping that light at the end of the COVID tunnel gets brighter and we and our loved ones can emerge on the other side of it!
  6. Bren
    Bren
    Thanks for setting this up and keeping it going, Barbara.

I've yet to master the art of making a decent video but it's been a constant inspiration to see everybody's efforts.

This is, without a doubt, the page I visit most on MC.
  7. JLewis
    JLewis
    My thanks, too, Barbara.for creating this wonderful group.

I joined in 2012, and it has been my home page ever since. I check it out every day and try on many of the songs, some I'm still working on long after they were first posted. I'm embarrassed by my own playing so you all don't know me, but I appreciate everyone who does post, now and in the past.
  8. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I agree with everyone here: This group is just perfect for connecting with mandolin players all over the world, learning new tunes, getting inspired by other people's arrangements, finding some social support on the mandolin journey, and generally spending some of the most pleasant hours you can have on the internet. Thank you to Barbara for creating and maintaining the group, and to all the regular and irregular contributors for making it what it is. Have a happy Christmas and a good start to the new year, everyone!