The Pleasures of Hope

1. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    This is an Irish hornpipe from around 1637 that I heard first via my fiddle-playing friends Liz and Chris - for whom I wrote The Carter Girls which I posted back in September on the SAW group.
    The tune just caught my attention when I heard it and I thought it would stand being played quite slowly (or that's my excuse anyway for playing it slowly). It is my Christmas offering to all our posters, lurkers and listeners. Have as great a Christmas as the conditions will allow, and keep on playing, folks.

2. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Always a pleasure to see and hear fellow SAWers. Thanks for another optimistic tune, and 1637, that tune has seen some times! -and Happy Christmas to you too, John.
  3. Bertram Henze
    Bertram Henze
    Hope is what we all need, and that is a generous portion of it, musically (if somewhat mitigated by an independent luthier wearing a Gibson shirt)
    Thanks for giving it to us, John, and may your Christmas be as light-hearted!
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks for your happy Christmas offering, John. With listening to so many great recordings of our SAW friends I’ll have a good time the next days. All the best for yourself.
  5. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks so much, Frithjof. Hope you have a great time over Christmas, and hope 2021 offers us a more normal lifestyle.
  6. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's a most appropriate title for a tune to end the year. It may ultimately not replace Auld Lang Syne, but it fits much better this particular year. Great tune, with which I wasn't familiar. Thank you for sharing it, and have a good Christmas.