looking for follow newbie to jam with & Learn// Baltimore Metro

1. Gus & Sophie
    Gus & Sophie
    I am looking for someone to jam with in the Baltimore Metro area. I am retired and have a flexible schedule . I am not interested in playing Blue Grass but all other types are great. I have been taking lessons for about a year now. I need to improve my cords and Playing Rhythm. I have a good working knowledge of Tabs. I do not read music sorry.
  2. HonketyHank
    HonketyHank
    Hey there, Gus & Sophie, and I am glad to see you both! I wish I could help on your specific question but I am a few thousand miles away from the East Coast. I suspect you will get a better response if you post your query in the main forum, maybe in the subforum on jams, workshops, etc. On the other hand, of course, fewer folks than usual are doing in-person jams these days.

But there are always some of us Newbies around here who are happy to have questions, problems, and videos bounced off of them. Besides, we retired Newbies gotta stick together, right?

Who was it who said: "Do I read music? No, not enough to hurt my playing."?
  3. Stacey Morris
    Stacey Morris
    Good luck, Gus and Sophie. Unfortunately, I am a bit of a hke miles away from you also.
  4. Spragster
    Spragster
    Heya Gus and Sophie, turns out im in the same area and would love to get some jams goin. Im more into the irish/celtic and some old time than bluegrass. Still in my formative years on mandolin and fiddle so maybe were on the same level? Feel free to PM me!
  5. Spragster
    Spragster
    Ok just noticed the other post, im not much of a jazz guy but do enjoy the old cantigas if thats at all the classical Italian you are referring to