Bigordino

1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Noticed that there are a fair number of Scandinavian postings at the moment. I’m not sure why this is, since there are no people who watch these Songs of the Week who are from Denmark, Norway, Sweden nor Finland (nor Latvia).
    Or maybe they are just too shy to say hello! 😊

So I thought why not post a vid myself... from Italy!

2. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    You're not in Italy. You are in your apartment in south of France..but the song is lovely and well played - and MC SAW seems to be on a bit of Scandinavian trip lately.
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Scandinavian and Italian are both great for me. The mandolin transcends all borders!
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Well performed on your octave. Thanks, Simon.
  5. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Very nice. Fast and precise on octave mandolin.
  6. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Here's mine.
    [
  7. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Pierpaolo, beautiful tone, excellent execution
  8. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Your version sounds great, Pierpaolo. Great tone of the mandolin! But why did you hide the guitar (?) this far off in the background?
  9. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Very nice Pierpaolo, your mandolin has a lovely tone too. Thanks for posting.

Just by chance, as it often seems on YouTube, I found a set of three tunes with Bigordino as the Second tune.
    I listened to the third tune, and thought, that's strange I'm sure I've heard this tune before.
    And what do you know it's the ‘Giga’ that I posted yesterday in the thread ‘Italian tunes’ that didn't have a name.
    https://youtu.be/7JkEyGTxMIU
  10. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Thank you Jairo and Frithjof.
    Frithjof: I am a bad guitar player and I hide the mistakes, 2 takes for mandolin and 25 for guitar...
  11. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    The same with me. Only I’m happy to let all the others suffer from my mediocre guitar playing, too. Misery loves company.
  12. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Frithjof:
    Simon DS: Thank you. Both La Piva dal Carner and Franco Morone (amazing!!!) play this set. I recorded the first tune that I really like (Calderai) and the second (Bigordino) the next one will be the giga.