El Noy de la Mare

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    El Noy de la Mare is a Catalan folk tune, that is probably best known in the version of Miguel LLobet for Classical Guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6otJd0ymOw 0
    But it also works with a simpler guitar accompaniment and the melody played on the mandolin. Once again, I'm trying to stick to the third position and the rest stroke:
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Another very fine delivery, Christian. A beautiful and simple tune and a lovely arrangement. The third position brings out the quality in your mandolin - clear and well articulated notes.
  3. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Very nice, CC. You have been practicing on that style and it is sounding very good. Did you do this one on the guitar, it sounds familiar.
  4. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Simple folk tunes need a careful handling, too. Well done, Christian. Your guitar accompaniment beautiful add to the mandolin.
  5. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Since you posted i have had this tune stuck in head.
    Great playing!
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks Folks, and no Ginny, I haven't played the guitar solo arangement not yet.
    But when I listen to Scotsman Rob MacKillop playing it without fingernails, I think about it:
  7. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    It's hard to post after Rob MacKillop.
    Here my attempt. Merry Christmas.
    Speed 1 or 1.25x, depending on your mood
    Bowlback mandolin, piano and melodica.

8. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    This is beautifully played, Pier. It is one of my favourite tunes. I have the sheet music I had bought from Michael Richenbach. But I've never played as well as I would like - maybe next Christmas.
  9. John W.
    John W.

My version of this Catalan Christmas song is based on Michael Reichenbach’s arrangement for mandolin, though I have sought to keep the structure as it is usually played on guitar. I’ve also posted it under the Christmas tunes link.

Vega cylinderback
  10. Richard Carver
    Richard Carver
    Lovely, John. Unfortunately it seems to have flown under everyone's radar.
  11. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Not at all, Richard. It had an appearance as Christmas Tune as well …

I tried to find this arrangement on Michael Reichenbach’s site but failed. May you offer a link please, John. Would be great.
  12. Jairo Ramos
    Jairo Ramos
    Frithjof: this is the link for El Noi de la Mare

https://www.edition49shop.de/instrum...e-mandola-solo

13. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    A beautiful tune and a great arrangement, John. I missed this one till just now.
  14. Richard Carver
    Richard Carver
    Frithjof - thanks. Yes, I am working my way slowly through everything I missed and I found it on the Christmas thread after commenting here.
  15. John W.
    John W.
    Thank you Richard and John K for the comments on the tune, and thank you Jairo for providing the link requested by Frithjof.
  16. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks for the link, Jairo (and John ).