Week #540 ~ Waynesboro

1. Barbara Shultz
    Barbara Shultz
    Sorry for being missing in action! The winner of this week’s poll is Waynesboro.

I’d appreciate it if someone could link to notation, videos, etc!

I’m in Texas where we had an Arctic event (still happening) that we weren’t prepared for. Rolling blackouts because of our power grid not being prepared, no cell, no internet, no heat, no water, no phone! We are getting g it back intermittently, but nothing is certain!

When things calm down, I’ll post the next poll!
  2. bbcee
    bbcee
    I thought I remembered this was a previous SoW - week 476
  3. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Here's a pleasant version of this tune.

4. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    Here are interesting versions of the tune. The first is the one I worked from. The triplets in this one are a little tricky, especially at the start of the B part. At least for me.

https://tunearch.org/wiki/Waynesburgh
  5. Michael Romkey
    Michael Romkey
    This is also shared out in the general post population from previously. Reposting here out of my obsessive-compulsive need to file things properly.

6. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great video, Mike, as all the others commented in your special thread.
    The version of the tune you recorded is obviously a great workout for the pinky.
  7. Dan Forney
    Dan Forney
    Fun tune - this is the version my fiddle buddy and I play.
  8. Don Grieser
    Don Grieser
    fsusubdad, that's some fine playing there. Mike, great multitrack version of Wayne'sworld. I learned this one a long time ago on taterbugmando's list. Need to relearn/remember it.
  9. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Nice version, fsusubdad. You play a sweat tone out of your mandolin!
  10. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Great picking, Fsus. Interesting how the click track/metronome just seems to disappear into the background when you start playing and the tune takes over!
  11. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Fsusubdad, I really like the dry tone of your mandolin.
    Nice playing BTW!
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I didn't know Dan Forney had a pseudonym here - you can find him on YouTube doing guitar and mandolin. He is a great player and I enjoy his music.
  13. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Three great recordings in the old SAW #476 and two additional in the ongoing SAW #540 to enjoy and to learn from.
    I had to practice hardly to learn and record my version.

14. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    The practice was worth it, Frithjof. Nice playing there.
  15. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    You coax a great sound from that F5, Frithjof!
  16. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    That does sound like a lot of work you've put together there, Frithjof. I always like a smile at the end.
  17. bbcee
    bbcee
    Verrrry nice, Frithjof! And what's the story with the F5, is that a new acquisition, or have I just not read the thread where everyone else asked you about it?
  18. Brian560
    Brian560
    Nicely played Frithjof
  19. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Thanks folks!

Bruce – my F5 isn't new acquisition. I bought it in 2014. It’s an Eastman MD 815v finished with Antique Varnish. I love it and play it often. But my first choice for playing as well as for recording is the mandolin with the lion head build in our Vogtland/Saxony you may see in most of my videos.