From Russia With Love (James Bond title theme)

1. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    This is another fairly straightforward recording based on a Wikifonia lead sheet, on Mid-Mo mandolin with tenor guitar backing.

[MP3=1]http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=113753&d=1391559138[/MP3]

Martin
  2. llamela
    llamela
    Brilliant Martin. My favorite yet.
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    Perfect choice of instrument for the melody. Beautiful!
  4. Marcelyn
    Marcelyn
    Very nice, Martin. Your tremolo definitely adds color and emotion to the arrangement.
  5. James Rankine
    James Rankine
    Very good Martin. You have inspired me to practice my tremolo.
  6. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks for the kind words!

This tune is pretty straightforward on mandolin -- for those who want to try, I've uploaded the lead sheet (from the old Wikifonia website) here.

Martin
  7. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Here is another re-record -- much the same arrangement and tempo as the first time around, somewhat different choices in the accompaniment and played a bit more freely.

Martin
  8. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Make mine a Vodka-Martini, shaken, not stirred, Martin. Very evocative rendering of this great theme here, and I like your simple backing arrangement.
  9. Martin Jonas
    Martin Jonas
    Thanks, John, and apologies for the delay in replying. It's an old classic, and always fun to play. Works suprisingly well on mandolin, too.

Martin
  10. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    It does work well. Sorry, I didn't comment first time - must have got overwhelmed by the copious activity in the group!
  11. phb256
    phb256
    https://soundcloud.com/phb256a/from-russia-with-love
    Given that Bond is my family name, I had to try this. I added some extra parts.
  12. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Love this, Martin. I like the new themes of movies you have been doing.
  13. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    Great recording, Martin. I like the timing as well as your choice of accompaniment.

phb256 - Thanks for your unique version on mandocello.