This is a good group

1. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    It's really a shame that the blues group is so dead ... hopefully we can get more action in here this year.

I went back to the old posts and started going through. A lot of dead YouTube embeds in the old posts, but there was a time when a few folk were interested here. One post motivated me to buy Joe Carr's School Of Mandolin: Blues + Steve James' Roots And Blues Mandolin + Rich DelGrosso's Mandolin Blues: From Memphis To Maxwell Street. They all three arrived today! Looks like some great resources to get me on track.

A couple months ago, I saw Ranald's post about Mandolin Blues Radio Show. I downloaded the audio from the show, set out to learn how to play Charlie McCoy's stuff in Gypsy Woman Blues. I have a passable version of it now, and hope to post it here eventually.

Would be good to liven up this group again with more blues players and blues hounds contributing.
  2. mandorider
    mandorider
    This really is an awesome group. Im posting this to help breathe some life in to it and also to say, it is an awesome group. I have been going through the posts and learning a lot. If anyone has a blues lick to share... even that can be fun. Even if its just tab. I think blues mando is a topic and everyone can get in to.
  3. Bert Deivert
    Bert Deivert
    Many of us have migrated to using the Exploring Blues Mandolin group on Facebook. Lots happening there. cheers, Bert. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Exploringbluesmandolin/
  4. mandorider
    mandorider
    Wow. Awesome Bert. Im on it. See you over there. Thank you so much.
  5. Mark Gunter
    Mark Gunter
    Looks like a fantastic FB group, Bert, thanks!