Week #176 ~ Lark in the Morning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Fine mandolin and guitar playing and an advanced production. Very skillfull!(But I must admit, that I like the simpler productions a little better...)
  2. Frithjof
    Frithjof
    This video is an amazing proof of your skills, Mike, and of your musical comprehension. I acknowledge your compulsion to master the new technological possibilities. The resulting videos are very enjoyable.
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I don't believe it's necessary to choose between stark and pure solo recordings on the one hand and fascinating and elaborate multi-track arrangements on the other. Both have their appeal, and as Mike is currently showing, it's possible for the same person to be good at both.

Something I feel more strongly about is that I usually like to see the player in a mandolin video, at least briefly. It's different with orchestral or electronic music, but with the mandolin I like to get an impression of equipment and technique, and learn from it. What I enjoy about Mike's recent videos is that you get both a view of the player and some evocative images of the outdoors.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12