Week #537 ~ Sunset over Ayr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Impeccable tone on that octave John, and nice heart felt performance.
    Makes me glad to have a little place on the internet to hear some tunes from fellow SAW members.
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Thanks, Frithjof, Mike and Simon. I am so glad you posted the tune, Mike. It really appealed to me when I heard your version, and the opening phrases remind me a lot of the Gordon Pattullo waltz Bonnie Strathmore that I posted a few months back.

Simon, thanks for comments on my octave. I built this one in April 2006 and it has settled in well over the years; the mandolin dates from August 2015, so a mere baby yet.
  3. Pierpaolo S.
    Pierpaolo S.
    Beautiful. Great playng and balance. Your style is recognizable and for me it is always a great value. Bravo.
  4. Brian560
    Brian560
    I enjoyed everybody's version of this tune and listened to them many times as I tried to learn the tune.
  5. Brian560
    Brian560

I had a few technical difficulties with this one the first time, here is a the correct version.
  6. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    This was worth the effort, Brian. You have made an interesting version of the tune here this time round and given it a different feel with your rhythm. Here's to your next posting!
  7. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    Yes, Brian - this is much better - the other one did have some technical difficulties so I'm glad you did it again.
  8. Brian560
    Brian560
    Thank you John and Ginny. Its a fun tune to play, especially with the proper sheet music.
  9. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    You are so right, Brian. It is always so much easier to sort out a tune when you have the right dots in front of you. You stuck to the task and got a result!
  10. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    That's a nice recording, Brian. You've given it a kind of 6/8 feel, which gives another perspective on the tune as John said. Your tone is good and clear.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12