Chromatic Tuner (clip-on) favorites?

1. Kentucky Lineage
    Kentucky Lineage
    Greetings All!

Anyone within the "The Loar" group have much experience with Chromatic Tuners? Any particular makes that are favorites?

Best regards,

Mike in Galveston County TEXAS
    Kentucky Lineage
  2. rf37
    rf37
    A very positive YES on the Snark tuner. Got one a few months back and they are unbeatable imo

rf37
  3. Ron McMillan
    Ron McMillan
    I agree with rf on the Snark. I got one a few months ago, and it is now my clear first choice tuner. I also own an Intelli IMT500, which does the job perfectly well, but not so pleasingly as the Snark.

ron
  4. Keith Witty
    Keith Witty
    Snark by a mile!
  5. Wayne Bagley
    Wayne Bagley
    love my snark
    won't use my Korg again.
  6. Willow
    Willow
    Hi everyone!
    I'm a very very new member (just ordered my LM-400 today). Is the snark you're talking about the SN-2 all instrument tuner? In the excitement of ordering my mandolin, I forgot to order a tuner.. Doh! Want to make sure I order the right one. Any help appreciated!
  7. Pastor Chuck
    Pastor Chuck
    Snark is the way to go!
  8. Ken Scarbrough
    Ken Scarbrough
    Hard to beat a Snark.I keep one in my mandolin case and one in my guitar case as well.
  9. nordian
    nordian
    Snark SN-8. Hard to beat for guitar or mando.
  10. little george
    little george
    I love my snark as well. I use it on mandolin, ukulele, sax, guitar, banjo, bass, slide guitar... even autoharp. Works really well in all of them.
  11. Rissa
    Rissa
    I've got a Snark SN-2 and a Fender tuner. I like the Snark a bit better, the screen is larger and the swivel has more of a reach. I don't you could go wrong with any Snark tuner. The SN-8 looks pretty cool, and a few people I know use that particular model. I got the SN-2 because it was cheaper. Either one would beat that Fender tuner for sure.
  12. Barry Wilson
    Barry Wilson
    I love my Snark all instrument tuner. works on all of my instruments and the backlight it has is invaluable on dark stages
  13. buckshot22
    buckshot22
    I have never liked the "knob on the head" look when not taking the tuner off the instrument.

I found a d'addario tuner. Whole thing is about the size of a quarter. Keep it on the instrument all the time and it's virtually unnoticeable. Can tune on the fly. Works great for me.
  14. J Mangio
    J Mangio
    Snark Black, after years of use, mine broke at the u joint, superglue fixed that.
  15. J Mangio
    J Mangio
    My Snark broke at the clip, had to retire it.For the next go around, I bought a DeltaLab CT-30 from MF, free shipping and a 25% code...now th as a tuner!
  16. Old School Eddie
    Old School Eddie
    What's a tuner ? lol Kidding.