Ar hyd y nos

1. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    A Welsh lullaby, that I already recorded two years ago:

I must have been working my way through Ranieri's mandolin method, where almost every note is played tremolando.
    Today, I recorded a new version to work on my reststroke, which really seems to make the sound more pleasant and on the third position. I guess, meanwhile I know my way round the fifth to the tenth fret, and I can climb a little higher:
  2. John Kelly
    John Kelly
    Interesting to compare your two versions, one from two years back and then today's. You have clearly worked on your technique and I think I like the newer of the two with less tremolo being used. I'm sure others will prefer the older version! Both are very enjoyable listening, Christian.
  3. Gelsenbury
    Gelsenbury
    I don't think I have a preference between the two. Both versions are lovely in their own right. I like the sensitivity with which you play them, and the song touches my heart and makes me want to sing this to my son. Thank you.
  4. Ginny Aitchison
    Ginny Aitchison
    I too enjoyed both but the second one better. This is one of my favourites songs and I remember it well from grade school.
  5. Simon DS
    Simon DS
    Me too! Wonderful song CC, thanks very much.
    We used to sing this at primary school when I was about 6 years old.
    Yes, nearly 60 years ago... and the world was so different then.
    I remember once going to my grand parent’s house and being excited because we would be able to hear other people talking on the other side of the country -because they had a telephone, inside their house!
  6. Christian DP
    Christian DP
    Thanks John, Ginny, Gelsenbury and Simon!